Gameforge Loot Boxes

• Hi yall!

Regarding the closer look at the item shop items - boxes in particular - most of them fit the definition of loot box. The loot boxes started to get banned by some of the EU countries in the not recent past. For example The Netherlands have banned loot boxes this summer. Why is GF still selling such items on the Dutch server is the big mystery and gamble. Sooner or later there will be wider restriction (the regulations are already in discussion). Is it worth it? Better divide the content of the boxes into independently purchased items.

@Darcoon

Peace

• Great question, but here are some more to be answered.

1) Why are you writing about Dutch server and legislative on Czech board?
    2) Why are you writing about Dutch server and legislative on Czech board in English?

And the problem is very simple - loot boxes create bigger profit than simple selling of single items, so it is better to sell loot boxes.

Why are they being sold after beeing prohibited (if they were) is more like a question for GF, than comunity and I find asking directly GF headquarters more usefull than asking Darcoon via this half dead platform.

• 1) Its because it is being brought to discussion among the variety of EU countries (including the Czech Republic) and its only a matter of time being enforced even more. Who knows, maybe its going to be EU-wide regulation.

2) Sorry mate, I am as Czech as you are, but the only way to communicate with the local authorities is wring in ENGLISH :)

The profit goal is obvious. But if you see some of the countries are banning such goods, why the GF still plays it wrong? The possible penalty fee (trust me its not the lowest one) can cause problems not only to GF as a provider but to its communities as well - who do you thing will pay for the penalty, eh? (of course - we the customers).

I know I could approach someone over Darcoons rank, but that would be no fun m8. Its his job to put such information into his weekly report and of course, it is the place for community to discuss over the topic. If need be, I can put all the lines in Czech ;)

• Well, I don't think, that it is relevant to bring this to Czech comunity. You have to argue with GF instead, otherwise it is interresting information, but nothing else.